Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Wonderful World of Cat Videos


You haven't really been officiated into the cybernetic world of the interwebs until you've seen a cat video. It's  hard to get anywhere in this cyberspace without somehow tripping over a video of a kitten whining for food, a grumpy-looking cat seemingly judging you, or any other variety you can think of. Cats are as diverse as humans, and we all love us a good cat vid (unless you don't like cats, which in that case I say to you GET OUT).

Anyway, today I finally broke into the world of cat videos for the first time. No, not as a viewer, but as a creator. It was a simple video, only a little less than forty seconds long, but it was still an adorable little introduction to one of our furbabies. His name is October.

This is a recent photo of said furbaby.

October is our oldest, and crankiest of furbabies. As you can see he is a lovely, little, black kitty with pretty yellow eyes. I am his favorite (much to his owner's annoyance), and he spends most of his time hanging out in my room.

So, back to the video. I decided to test the waters by taping him with my new camera I got for Christmas. I'd taken a few with him deeply entrenched in my blankets, but finally on the third try he emerged just enough so I could get more than just his eyeing me or biting my fingers (which is his way of saying "Back off! This is my cave!). It took me all of a half hour to complete, and that's with dinking around. So if any of you would like to take a look then here's the link:


I hope you enjoy it.

^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment