Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Park Adventures



Today started out with my mom, younger sister, and I going to the doctor's. My sister has stomach problems and needed to go in for a test to see if they could find out what was wrong. After getting the test done we decided that today would be a good day to go to the park. Originally we were going to go to one farther away, one that we've been to before and liked. However, one of the ladies suggested a different one that was much closer that we'd never been to. So we decided to head that way.

After picking up some Subway we made it to the park and stopped near a picnic table. While eating our subs, mine was a turkey one, we observed the lovely trees and the squirrels that inhabited them. There were tons of squirrels out: brown ones, gray ones, and black ones. One in particular was interesting as it tried to drop a nut on my head. Thankfully it missed.

After lunch we took a walk through the wooded area of the park. Not only were the leaves lovely, but a lot of the trees were wonky shaped and neat to look at. The mushrooms too! There were a surprising amount of mushrooms out in several shapes and sizes. It was really cool.

There were also stations throughout the park that you could stop at for exercise. One place that we stopped at was one of the playgrounds, but it had an Eiffel Tower like metal rope structure. My sister and I climbed it, but it was somewhat difficult. The gaps between some of the ropes were so big that you either needed some decent upper body strength or longer legs. Thanks to mine being long I was able to get to the top, but I'm not sure a young kid would've been able to get up there.

Another one we went to was vaulting. I was the only one who tried it, which I managed successfully. However the chin up station none of us had the strength for. I hung up-side-down from the bar instead. After I was done I realized someone else was using the equipment, a spider. Not your normal, everyday spider either. His body was tiny, but his legs were long! Longer than any daddy long legs spider I've ever seen, and  I've seen tons of those. My sister was trying her luck at that point so I made her aware of our little friend, and she slowly backed away from it.

We took lots of pictures of the neater looking trees, collected a few sticks for our dog, and all in all had a great time. We've vowed to go more often, which I'm looking forward to. And... that's it. Until next time!
 ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment