Monday, October 21, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins: An Introduction


Say hello to the Sinful Rainbow! In it is each color that is usually associated with one of the seven deadly sins. We've got red for Wrath, orange for Gluttony, yellow for Greed, green for Envy, light blue for Sloth, blue for Lust, and violet for Pride. So it's almost like a regular rainbow, except you won't find gold at the end of this one. Nope, just what has been considered some of humanities worst traits.

Okay, all silliness aside, the reason I'm bringing up the seven deadly sins is because the next several blog posts will be about them. I will go into detail about what they are, what they mean, and how each one impacts my life personally. However, I'm not going to introduce them based on their assigned color, but by the severity of how they affect me.

Note: I feel that each of these traits touch each of us at varying times, and that none of us are completely without them. As such you won't be automatically damned, but as these aren't actually good qualities to have you should try your best to overcome them.

Now that that disclaimer is out of the way I will show you the list of how I will post them.

Starting with the least...

Envy
Greed
Lust
Pride
Gluttony
Wrath
Sloth

... and ending with the most.

So that's the line up. Through this segment I hope you all will gain a better understanding of what the seven deadly sins are and what they mean to you. Perhaps then you can make your own list (and maybe share it in a comment if you want).

No comments:

Post a Comment