Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween and Samhain!

Hello everyone! Happy Halloween and Samhain! Hope everyone had a good time and didn't gorge themselves too badly on candy. I'm taking a break from the Seven Deadly Sins posts to tell you of my holiday fun this year. So... it first started with pumpkin carving.

My mother and sister picked out the pumpkins this year, only they were a tad different from the usual. These babies were white pumpkins, which I thought was really cool. So we all sat down and prepared to do brain surgery. Unfortunately for my mom, her pumpkin had started to mold on the inside so we couldn't harvest her seeds. Regardless, she dove into her job and made a lovely scraggly-toothed pumpkin. Think classic pumpkin face and you'll know what I mean.

My younger sister decided to make a pentagram, which she used my knife for a good portion of it. It came out really well and lit up awesomely. My pumpkin is... special. I decided to do a simple cyclops one. It is... very me. I don't have a picture of it, but I did do a fantastic MS paint rendition of it.


See? Isn't it lovely? Isn't it glorious!? Anyway, I bet you're wondering why I didn't draw a stem. Well... that's because while trying to get the top out I accidentally snapped it off. My sister did the same thing. So we turned the tops and set them that way so we could get in and light the candles. They looked really cool. However, in the morning when we left to go to my sister's appointment we found that someone had stolen my pumpkin's top. It didn't sink in, it didn't roll off, it was just simply gone. There was also dirt on my pumpkin from a nearby pot of dirt. We believe a critter came by and thought it would make a good meal.

The pumpkin seeds from two of our pumpkins were baked, and along with those we had malted apple cider. It was absolutely delicious! We also watched the episode "Blink" from Doctor Who, which is the first episode that features the Weeping Angels. My sister and I also did some protection/banishing magic. All in all I think it was a pretty successful holiday. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment